Contra Costa Electric performed an enormous electrical power and conduit systems installation project for the Oakland Unified School District (OUSD).
The project required coordination with many agencies within the school district, as well as diligent scheduling, in order to work around regular classes. We received a letter of commendation for the outstanding quality of our work and our ability to bring together these agencies for an exceptionally smooth, problem-free project.
OUSD selected Contra Costa Electric for this project because they were confident we had both the capacity to perform this large-scale project, and sufficient experience working in educational settings to ensure it was completed with minimal disruption to students and staff.
Featuring work in both classrooms and administration offices, the project spanned 12 schools within the district.
The scope of work included:
- Overhead and underground conduit systems between buildings
- Metal raceway systems in all classrooms
- Electrical power to every classroom and administration office
- All distribution frame (MDF) and intermediate distribution frame (IDF) closets
- Over 3,000 category 5E data cables to all classrooms and administration offices
OUSD operates 86 schools and 32 district-authorized charter schools, serving nearly 50,000 students across Oakland, CA.