Contra Costa Electric provided power systems, conduits, and additional electrical construction work at 56 school locations within the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD).
Our size, financial stability, and extensive experience working on successful school projects made us the ideal candidate for the job. Upon completion, we were applauded for having the fewest deficiencies and lowest callback rating of any contractor performing work in the district, with less than one-percent callback rating.
LAUSD needed an electrical contractor not only familiar with the region’s school system, but also with the capacity to access the necessary labor pool to perform such a large, far-reaching project.
The scope of this enormous electrical systems services project included:
- Overhead and underground conduit systems between buildings
- Metal raceway systems in all classrooms
- Power systems to every classroom and administration office
- All distribution frame (MDF) and intermediate distribution frame (IDF) closets
- Over 8,000 category 5E data cables to every classroom and administration office
The second largest school district in the country, LAUSD serves over 700,000 students across more than 1,000 schools.