John Muir Medical Center Expansion and Central Utility Plant, WALNUT CREEK, CA
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Hospital Phase IV Tower and Central Utility Plant – a new five-story, 242-bed, 347,000 s.f. patient care tower that features expanded areas for the critical care unit, neonatal nursery, emergency, trauma, and surgery departments; relocation of the helicopter landing pad; a new central utility plant; and a 757-stall parking garage.
- A new 3000-amp breaker will be added.
- Existing 6000-amp emergency backup switchgear in the central utility plant to feed a new 3000-amp emergency switchgear in the new Tower along with all down stream distribution boards and panels.
- A new fire alarm system in the new Tower along with remodeling the existing buildings "A & B" with a updated fire alarm system, and tie into the existing system.
- Contra Costa Electric installed conduit only for all other systems such as security, Data, nurse call etc.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) was used for coordination.